Heart of Homeschooling

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Love My Life

Sometimes I feel sorry for myself. Do you ever do that? Do you ever start thinking thoughts like "why is my life so hard?" or "why don't I have enough time to even finish reading a good book?" But, then I have to remember my pink bracelet from Nancy Campbell. It says "I am above Self Pity" I ALWAYS wear it to remind myself to NOT have self pity! Nancy gave it to me at my last Above Rubies Retreat last Oct. and I think it was sent from God. This is a weakness of mine... to fall into self pity. And yet, I have sooooo much to be thankful for! What is wrong with me? Why do I always feel sorry for myself when the going gets rough? It is definitely a weakness that I want to overcome.

So, I am here to profess...I love my life! It is just what I have always wanted! Since I was a little girl I always dreamed of marrying a blonde surfer dude. Guess what? I got him! I always dreamed of having at least four children...guess what? I have seven! I always dreamed of living in the country just like Little House on the Prairie that I watched every Monday night at 8:00pm on NBC...guess what? I live there! I now live in a beautiful country home in the foothills and look out on the country setting just like Laura saw! I always dreamed of having a horse since I was five years old...guess what? I do! I always dreamed of having hot summers and warm summer nights...guess what? I now have that and more...a pool to swim in, rivers to play in, and much more. I always dreamed of a small country church to be a part of....guess what? We've found one and it's only 5 minutes away! Cool Coomunity Church! I always dreamed of having enough money to travel...guess what? We do and we get to travel with our kiddos to wonderful places like Palm Springs and Lake Tahoe! I am so blessed. I just forget it sometimes! Don't we all? I love my life and I am so thankful to God for planting the seeds that grew into what they are now. Thank you God for creating me and taking hold of my heart when I was still young. Thank you for sending your son Jesus.

My point is this. God gives you the desires of your heart. I used to think that that meant that whatever WE desired, God would give us. But NO...it means that God plants HIS desires in your heart and then we either allow them to grow or we don't. When we allow them to grow we can then finally see those desires fulfilled because we are living our lives in God's plan and purpose for us. That is when we can feel His peace...and oh what a wondeful feeling to live a life for God and not for us! To be a part of HIS plan. To surrender ALL. When I am fully surrendered is when I can fully be thankful and Love my life. How about you? Are you loving your life?

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! You are such an encouragement to me. I find myself in the self-pity pit way more than I would like to admit. It's so easy to fall into it. Am I loving my life? Honestly, not nearly as much as I should be! Thanks for the reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog